Forty-Five years ago today, I awoke on the morning of my wedding Day;
I was home from Vietnam …not much more than 5 or 6 days.
I was filled with excitement and emotion - I was filled with gratitude;
Grateful to be home and alive and grateful that this was the day
that I would be marrying the light of my life. The girl who kept me sane in the madness of war,
The girl who kept my heart warm while I shivered in fear on the cold nighttime ambush patrols
The girl who loved me undeniably and who stayed with me even while I was gone;
That girl is still with me,….Like a diamond, she is forever...
And her love is forever;
She is my love today as she was all those years ago
She is my soul, she is my joy, she is my beautiful wife.
In my life I have made many, many mistakes; but the one thing that I have done that is, by no means a mistake, is to be married and share life
with my diamond whose name is Barbara!
Thank you for all the years of love and happiness.
Happy 45th Anniversary Barbara - I love you
- You truly are my diamond.
** Staples Singers - "Respect Yourself"
- " We do not move forward from a middle opinion, which is undemocratic but mediocratic.
We advance from a creative passion "- (Edgar Morin)
- "To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at
that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy."
- Henri Cartier-Bresson.
::Words from Denny:
- My beliefs, and values, have always been strongly tied-to music, especially Jazz, and Blues.
- The following artists and lyrics seem to "sum-up" where my spirit resides:
EARTH WIND AND FIRE;
"HOLD ON TO YOUR SPIRIT,
ALWAYS FEEL YOUR SOUL....
HONOR THE MAGIC IN YOUR HEART"; Earth Wind and Fire