- Dedicated to the Memory of Edwin Hawkins: August 19, 1943 - January 15, 2018 -
This tree evoked a song from my mind...a song that I had long loved: -"Pray for Peace."
The song was recorded and performed in the late 1960´s and onward for many years.
Edwin Hawkins MOST FAMOUS SONG was "Oh Happy Day," another urban contemporary Gospel Song that inspired heart and soul ...and did the same for so many Gospel Music lovers in the late 196"s 70's and forward
As for this image - as was usually the case when I made early morning images on a work day - this image was made in a nearby open land park near my work location in Western New Jersey. Whenever I arrived at this beautiful spot, my emotions were soothed and, when I was headed to the office parking lot (a short distance down the road) I was inspired and ready to go to work!
Edwin Hawkins was a wonderful Choir Director and led his Gospel choir for many years in the San Francisco Bay area and surrounds..
In the 1992 movie "Leap of Faith," He is the Choir Master for all the inspiring music on Buddha Records. I Highly recommend that you travel into Google Music to have a listen ;-)
Oh Happy Day - Pray for Peace!!
I dedicate this Image to the memory of Edwin Hawkins and the Edwin Hawkins Singers!!
** Staples Singers - "Respect Yourself"
- " We do not move forward from a middle opinion, which is undemocratic but mediocratic.
We advance from a creative passion "- (Edgar Morin)
- "To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at
that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy."
- Henri Cartier-Bresson.
::Words from Denny:
- My beliefs, and values, have always been strongly tied-to music, especially Jazz, and Blues.
- The following artists and lyrics seem to "sum-up" where my spirit resides:
EARTH WIND AND FIRE;
"HOLD ON TO YOUR SPIRIT,
ALWAYS FEEL YOUR SOUL....
HONOR THE MAGIC IN YOUR HEART"; Earth Wind and Fire